Criteria for support
The ideal project
Projects we consider worthy of support should meet the following criteria:
- The project is initiated by those who will be affected by it.
- A democratically elected body is responsible for project leadership on the ground.
- The project has direct contact with the target group, which is invited to actively participate.
- The project is a grassroots project, i.e. finances and staff are kept to a reasonable limit.
- The project has no chance of support from the large financing institutions, due to its size, lack of experience or for political reasons.
The project application must include a precise financial plan, i.e. the funds requested must be itemized according to their specific use, and a timeframe for financing must be given. We cannot support long-term programs. The current maximum grant of € 5,000 per project permits us to provide only start-up or partial financing or financing for smaller projects of limited scope.
We do not subsidize
- travel costs, e.g. for Europeans to participate in conferences in Latin America
- projects clearly intended to provide Europeans with a livelihood in Latin America
- political parties
- academic projects or projects connected with faith groups, since these generally have access to funding through their own institutions
- projects whose financial volume exceeds our means to such an extent that even partial financing does not appear meaningful